IT Contractors Are Best Value
One of our readers posted this comment, about IT Contractors being the best value after one of our articles.
Have a read of it and see if you agree with the logic. I think you will concur with it.
Contractor v Permanent
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Every point made against IT freelancers is more a reaction to the worst of being permanent.
1. Rather than contractors having an inflated sense of worth, permanent staff are constantly reminded that they are unable or unworthy to receive pay rises for years, whilst senior managers and executives reward themselves with large bonuses and pay rises.
Envious Permanent Staff
2, Rather than contractors having no social skills, senior managers attempt to manipulate their permanent staff by expecting them to stay behind at work for company gatherings and announcements with beer and crisps as a poor inducement.
Often, they aim this at restoring flagging morale and fails.
3. Rather than lowering morale by bragging, contractors are often asked by envious permanent staff how they too can become contractors, but are too scared to take the same risk.
4. Rather than having the narrow-minded stagnant and complacent views of those who have worked solely in one environment for too long, contractors can bring the best perspectives of many environments.
5. Rather than being pitted against each other for being helpful or unhelpful, contractors can concentrate on fulfilling the agreed terms of their contract.
6. Rather than coming in early, leaving late and taking no lunch, more as a show than anything else, contractors prefer to perform as best a job in the hours they are contracted to work. After all, we work to live, not live to work.
So, what do you think? Do you agree or disagree with that logic?
If you know anyone else who would find this article useful, please share it with them using the social media buttons at the top and bottom of the page.
Ad – Contractor Services
If you do need an umbrella company you could try one of the following:-
Or would you prefer to get expert advice about which umbrella company is right for your specific needs? If so fill in the form below and they will be in touch.
For Mortgages specially designed for contractors try Specialist Contractor Mortgages.
For all necessary business insurance, including IR35, try Business Insurance for Contractors