Here are some interview questions you should ask to prevent yourself getting screwed.
– What stage of the Project am I coming in at?
– Who will you be working for (is it someone at the interview or someone else?)
– What skills will you be using on the project -they may not be the same as the skills on your CV or the ones you are being interviewed for – or not all of them anyway
– Will you be expected to mentor the permies (and be allocated time for this)
– What training is given for any skills you don‘t have
– Are there many other contractors (i.e. are they used to having contractors)
– Do you have eating facilities that a contractor can use? Is there a Sports / Social club and contractors join in the activities. What are the car parking facilities
Series of Interview Questions Articles
We are going to produce a series of article with one on each of these topics to explain why you should ask these questions, the answers you should hope to get and how to spot the dangers in some of the answers to these.
To be forewarned is to be forearmed.
I’ve been to many companies where the job wasn’t quite what I thought it would be. I could have found this out beforehand at interview. I should have asked the right interview questions.
Ad – Contractor Services
If you do need an umbrella company you could try one of the following:-
Or would you prefer to get expert advice about which umbrella company is right for your specific needs? If so fill in the form below and they will be in touch.
For Mortgages specially designed for contractors try Specialist Contractor Mortgages.